Can medical massage help me?
I often get asked the question when describing the Jesse James Method, “what is medical massage”? In short medical massage works to release chronic issues. Issues that have been in your body for more than 72 hours. Yes, most of us are walking around tolerating some form of pain in our body. Some of us have become numb to the pain. Others are very aware of the pain and learn to accept, adapt and tolerate the pain. The Jesse James Method has success in dealing with chronic issues from sciatic nerve pain, migraines, headaches, low back pain, neck and shoulder pain and more. Here is a video that briefly shares with you what medical massage is. Tip of the week! What is Medical Massage?
What does medical massage treat? Medical massage is useful in treating conditions such as:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Sciatica Check out this testimonial video from Monique Flores.
- Piriformis syndrome
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Pain associated with bulged or injured spinal disks (medical massage cannot ‘fix’ the disk, but can help alleviate much of the pain associated with the injury).
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Range of motion issues
- Back and Neck pain
- Plantar fasciitis (involving pain in the foot)
- Repetitive use injuries such as those listed and tennis elbow, Golfer’s elbow
- Pain associated with restricted fascia
- Pain associated with postural imbalances
- Muscle cramps
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sports/Exercise injuries
- Work Injuries
- Auto Injuries
- Edema (swelling)
- Injuries sustained in traumas such as falls or automobile accidents
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (numbness/tingling in hands/arms)
The term medical massage has grown in popularity because of its unique ability to bring massage therapy into the mainstream and present massage therapy in a positive way to doctors. Massage therapists are raising their education levels and integrating the term medical massage into their routines. Once we become a provider for your insurance we can bill for massage as long as we are able to show improvement in the condition of the patient/client.
Check out this wonderful testimonial from Carolyn Green on her results from medical massage.
Thank you for subscribing to Jesse James Massage FaceBook page. This is where we post all the latest promotions, offers and videos. See you soon.
Breathe easy. Stay loose. Live well.